International Ticer summer school "Digital LIbraries à la Carte"
02.04.2010 From 26 – 30 July 2010, Ticer’s international summer school "Digital Libraries à la Carte" will be held at Tilburg University, the Netherlands.
You can pick your choice from a completely renewed ‘menu' of five one-day modules.
· Module 1: Strategic Developments and Library Management
· Module 2: The Library in the Scholar's Workflow and Research Data
· Module 3: Libraries - Partners in Teaching and Learning
· Module 4: Mobile Technologies in Education and Library
· Module 5: Web 2.0 and Linked Data in Libraries
The informative website can be found at
Those registering before 1 May 2010, will receive a €150 discount.
· Supporting your institution's strategic goals
· Your library's return on investment
· The role of libraries in research assessment
· Digital scholarship
· Data management and re-use
· The scholar's workflow
· Research support services
· Web lectures
· 21st Century literacies
· Physical learning spaces
· The use of mobile devices by teens and young adults
· Mobile technology in teaching and learning
· Mobile enhanced library services
· eReaders in education and libraries
· Web 2.0
· User-centred design of next-generation library services
· Linked data
· Open annotation
This learning experience is recommended by LIBER (Association of European Research Libraries), SURFfoundation, JISC, DEFF (Denmark's Electronic Research Library), CBU/KUB (the conference of university libraries in Switzerland), Helsinki University Library, and NFF (Norwegian Association of Special Libraries),
Ms Jola Prinsen, Manager Ticer
Tilburg University, Library and IT Services
P.O. Box 90153, 5000 LE Tilburg, The Netherlands
Tel.: +31 13 466 8310, fax: +31 13 466 8383, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org